I took this challenge last week, written HERE. Review:
Week 1 Challenge: Name 1 healthy habit that you would like to work on establishing in your life over the next 5 weeks. I did very well this past week. Until I came to the weekend. You all know how it is when Hubby is home. I feel like I deserve a “Break” too and therefore everything seems to be put to the side. And I mean everything. That includes diet and drinking my water :~ So this next weekend is when I shall smarten up. 🙂
Week 2 – Challenge:
1. Sit down and look at your calendar. Think about your priorities.
2. Pray and ask God to give you wisdom as to what you should be doing with your time.
3. Write out a list of what you need to get done this week – don’t forget to write in time with God! (you can use the free printable below as a guide !)
4. Every morning this week, look over your to-do list. Pray and ask God for wisdom. Add, take away or move things on your list accordingly.
5. Continue this discipline next week and the week after. Soon you will find order and rhythm to your days and weeks.
I needed some time to think about this particular challenge. I have had a few things in my life that I have been wanting/needing to change. This challenge will hopefully help me change and change now.
1. Think about your priorities.
- Communication with God. I need to do more. Now the the study of Eph is done, I need to spent my own time just talking with God and listening to Him. Getting help for the day, learning how to raise kids, and be a better person!
- School work. This shall be my first priority for the daily grind. I need to get back into a schedule. I need to do it in the mornings starting at 9 instead of web surfing, blogging, or even chores. Those things can come later and should not be first.Education should be important. I believe that education happens in life but I also believe a bit of textbook work won’t hurt them in the least
- Laundry. I am one of those moms who are forever behind in laundry. That is not necessarily a bad thing since we,as moms, have a household to run but when boys continually have no socks to wear well…I need to do better. I need to do laundry on a regular bases and not when we run out of clothes. :~
Those are my 3 top difficulties right now. The top 3 I really, really need to work on.
2. Look over you to-do list.
I think my daily to-do list would go something like this:
- 7 a.m. quiet time for mommy
- 8 a.m. children up, breakfast, dressed, hair brushed, and bedroom chores
- 9 a.m.-9:30 a.m. free time
- 9:30 a.m. -12 a.m. school
- 12 -lunch
- 1 a.m. M/W/F movie time (children) workout and shower (mommy)
- 1 T/T p.m. or 2p.m. chores, free time
- 4:30 p.m. make supper
This is the schedule I already loosely follow. I need to reinforce school time and add laundry to the list of chores I do on a regular bases! I shall start today!